Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Back from Belgium


I just arrived back from Knokke Heist. The event was interesting!!!! Overall it was awesome. A great place, nice people, AWESOME food and some good parties, but the conditions were pretty tough this time round!!!
The wind was super strong and because it blew from offshore it was very gusty. There were two diciplines and talk about two opposite results!! In the main event I bummed out early. I didn't get myself together and bust my moves. However in the second discipline my luck turned around. I was relaxed and just went out to enjoy myself. I took a 14m Naish Torch 2 and the aim was to do the highest trick. It was marked 70% on height and 30% on technical difficulty.
At the end of the day when the prize giving was on I had no idea I had come in the top 5 let alone 1st place, so when they called me up I was totally in shock. It was awesome being up on the stage look out over all the spectators and they handed me a bottle of champagne. Now this was the embarresing bit. I've only ever opened a bottle of champagne once before and trying to open it in front of a crowd was impossible. I just couldn't get the cork out! Finally it exploded and I sprayed it over everyone and it was one of the best feelings ever. I can't wait to go to the next event in Portugal (13th June) to try and do it again - only this time in the main event.

Tomorrow I fly to Barbados for the Protest Clothing photoshoot. I'll see if I can steel some shots and load them up here in the next few days.
Later
xxx

No comments: